December 19, 2013
Harrisburg, PA – The Retail Energy Supply Association (RESA), the nation’s leading trade association representing competitive retail energy suppliers, has elected a new slate of officers and state chairs for 2014. These newly elected officers were confirmed during RESA’s annual meeting earlier this month, and will form the executive committee.
RESA’s new officers effective Jan. 1, 2014 are:
- President – Melissa Lauderdale (Integrys Energy Services)
- First Vice President – Robert Barkanic (PPL EnergyPlus)
- Second Vice President – Brenda Crocket (Champion Energy Services)
- Secretary – Chris Kallaher (Direct Energy Services)
- Treasurer – Roy Boston (Noble Americas Energy Solutions)
- Past President – David Fein (Constellation)
Melissa Lauderdale, RESA’s incoming president, said she was “doubly honored” to have been re-elected RESA’s president for 2014. “In the coming year, our number one priority is to preserve and enhance competitive electric and natural gas markets for the benefit of all consumers,” Lauderdale said. “I look forward to continuing to lead our organization into 2014.”
Competitive markets for electricity and natural gas have proven the best means of assuring affordable energy, fostering innovation, promoting jobs and meeting the individual needs of customers.
Driving growth in competitive retail energy markets are increasing numbers of residential, commercial, industrial and governmental customers seeking value for their energy dollar and innovative products and services not available from traditional utility companies.
RESA members responsible for leading state and federal advocacy efforts as the 2014 Electric Caucus chairs are:
- California – Tim LoCascio (Liberty Power)
- Federal – Melissa Lauderdale (Integrys Energy Services)
- Illinois – Roy Boston (Noble Americas Energy Solutions)
- Maryland/DC/Delaware – Robert Barkanic (PPL EnergyPlus)
- New England – Stuart Ormsbee (TransCanada)
- New Jersey – Jay Kooper (Direct Energy Services)
- New York – Christopher Wentlent (Constellation)
- Ohio – Dwayne Pickett (Integrys Energy Services)
- Pennsylvania – Richard Hudson (Consolidated Edison Solutions)
RESA members responsible for leading state and federal advocacy as the 2014 Natural Gas Caucus State chairs are:
- Illinois – John Slocum, (Integrys Energy Services)
- Kentucky – Lisa Simpkins (Constellation)
- Maryland/DC/Virginia – Angela Schorr (Direct Energy Services)
- Michigan – Darcy Fabrizius (Constellation)
- New Jersey – Dwayne Pickett (Integrys Energy Services)
- New York – Angela Schorr (Direct Energy Services LLC)
- Ohio – Teresa Ringenbach (Direct Energy Services LLC)
- Pennsylvania – Darrin Pfannenstiel (Stream Energy)
RESA represents competitive energy suppliers dedicated to creating and sustaining vibrantly competitive electricity and natural gas markets for the benefit of consumers. RESA’s members include: AEP Energy, Inc.; Champion Energy Services, LLC; ConEdison Solutions; Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.; Direct Energy Services, LLC; GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA, Inc.; Homefield Energy; IDT Energy, Inc.; Integrys Energy Services, Inc.; Just Energy; Liberty Power; MC Squared Energy Services, LLC; Mint Energy, LLC; NextEra Energy Services; Noble Americas Energy Solutions LLC; NRG, Inc.; PPL EnergyPlus, LLC; Stream Energy; TransCanada Power Marketing Ltd. and TriEagle Energy, L.P. For more information about RESA please contact Tracy McCormick, Executive Director, at (717) 566-5405, or visit www.resausa.org.